November 26, 2012

REVIEW: The Ballad of Aramei by J.A. Redmerski

Title: The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy #3)
Author: J.A. Redmerski - Website || Twitter || Facebook
Publication Date: November 18, 2012
Format: eARC*
Rating: 5/5
Get it: Amazon || B&N

Everything about Adria Dawson’s life has changed in unimaginable ways: the shattering betrayal of her mother, the fight for her life and sanity…the loss of her humanity. But now Adria must face the ultimate challenge and risk not only her life, but the lives of everyone she loves at the wrathful hands of Isaac Mayfair’s father.

Determined to help unravel a mysterious message deeply rooted in an unhinged mind, Adria becomes obsessed with traveling into Aramei’s turbulent past to see the truth of how the relationships and betrayals between the Mayfair and Vargas bloodlines were formed.

Meanwhile, Adria and the Mayfairs are doing everything they can to smoke out and trap the Praverian traitor. A trip to Providence uncovers not only an old family line who are enemies of the Praverians, but also raises questions about the Praverian’s true agenda.

But the traitor will be caught. People will die. And Adria’s destiny to be the cause of a war will come to pass. But what could a kind and simple girl like Adria Dawson ever do that could be considered an act of war? The landscape of the werewolf world will be forever changed in the climactic conclusion to The Darkwoods Trilogy.

My thoughts, feelings, and reactions.
The Darkwoods Trilogy by J.A. Redmerski has been one epic series I have been loving more and more with each novel. The last book, The Ballad of Aramei is no exception. In this conclusion to the thrilling trilogy, the stakes are even higher for all the characters I have grown to love tremendously. Fast paced, dark and full of sacrifices, fans of this amazing trilogy will not be disappointed to be back in this world.

Continuing from the events of the previous book, The Ballad of Aramei starts off with Adria adjusting to being a new black beast. With the help of Isaac and the other werewolves in the Mayfair family, Adria starts to embrace being a werewolf; balancing that side of her with her human side. Adria continues to impress me with her strength and bravery as she really steps up to figure out what is going on around her. She really comes into her own and takes initiative. She doesn’t sit back, but she stands up, fights back and she makes it known that she can handle anything that is thrown her way. I love how Adria conquers her fears and doubts and has the courage to do something that needed to be done despite the consequences it will bring. She just knew it was the right thing to do and she did it. Adria is one amazing character and I cannot help but love her more and more.

While the romance was not the center of this book, it was still there in the background and I commend Redmerski for still making it a solid part of the book. I have always adored the relationship and connection between Adria and Isaac but also with Harry and Daisy. There were plenty of sweet moments that diffused the seriousness and imminent danger of the book. These were the parts that made me smile, giggle, and swoon to no extent. 

Redmerski really took this last novel up another level and gave it her all. The writing is even more eloquent than before and the pacing moves nicely throughout the book. The action that she brought into this final novel is everything I have been waiting for and more. The epic war was what I have been dying to read and Redmerski did not disappoint. She brought it all with full force and greatness that totally swept me away. The twists and revelations were completely mind-boggling! When the real traitor was revealed, lets just say I so did not see that one coming and I swear even that character had me fooled! 

Aspects that were brought up in the first two novels get fully explained and explored in The Ballad of Aramei. More of Aramei’s past is revealed and I really got the sense of the life she had before when she first met Viktor and Trajan. I loved this part in the book because I felt like I was really transported there just like Adria. More Praverian background is shed, along with more depth of what they do with their Charges and of course, Harvesters that hunt them. All of this was centered and connected around Adria and I thought Redmerski did a excellent job of weaving this into Adria’s life causing havoc, chaos, and danger. It was the perfect combination to make one heart-racing novel.

I’m a little sad to say goodbye to this world and all the characters in it, but I truly believe that the ending that Redmerski created for this beloved trilogy is a spectacular one. Redmerski gives the characters the hope, conclusion and resolution they all needed. Not everything is a happily ever after, but realistically fits the end that needed to be told. While this trilogy has ended, it will always be a part of me that I will continue to cherish for a lifetime.  

 

1 comment:

  1. So your reviews of these books make me wonder why the heck I haven't picked them up yet!! Total wtf moment every time I read a review you write then realize I don't have the book!! In this case the series... Great review hopefully I will get my hands on them SOON

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3