May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #22


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.


Expected Publication: October 16, 2012

From Goodreads:
Sixteen year old Rachel has always idolized her older brother Micah, but she knows he also secretly struggles with addiction. So when Micah doesn’t come home one night, Rachel panics.

Then Rachel gets an anonymous note telling her that Micah is a few hours away—and on the brink of destruction. Accompanied by Micah’s best friend Tyler, Rachel sets out to find her brother. With no concrete leads, Rachel and Tyler spend hours wandering the streets. But before Rachel can move on, she must confront her own dark secrets, her growing attraction to Tyler…and the possibility that Micah may never come home.
Why I'm waiting:

1. Contemporary
Lately, I've been finding a lot of contemporaries that have really caught my eye and Out of Reach is one of them.

2. Older Brother
I have always voiced to my friends that I've always wanted a big brother, someone to look out for me and defend me. Being an only child kind of put that dream to an end indefinitely, but there is always wishful thinking! When I saw that this book is about a sister trying to help her older brother, I just knew I had to read it. I needed to know what this book is all about, how Micah and Rachel's relationship works. I want to see the whole older brother and younger sister tandem that I have always longed for in action despite its misplaced unwelcoming circumstance.

3. Addiction and Dark Things
I think I've voiced out my love for dark or heavy contemporary or basically contemporaries that are bound to have a not so happy ending. I don't read much, but I'm attracted and drawn to those types. They seem to pique my interest all the time and this is no exception for Out of Reach. Also, these types of books end up being my most favorites (with Graffiti Moon being that exception).  I can tell this one will be dark and will probably put me in ruins because it doesn't seem like a happy book to me. Plus, it's coupled with some sort of addiction on the brother's part. I don't usually like to read about addiction because it bothers me personally, but for some reason I really want to know more.

4. Rachel and Tyler.
Come on, I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm always looking for a hot romance in any book. How can I not mention these two as one of my reasons? Not much is said from the blurb, but I can see some tension happening between these two and I love me some tension! LOL!

5. This Line:
"How do you find someone who doesn't want to be found?"
LOVE. THIS. I WANT MORE.

So what are you waiting on?
Let me know in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. I'm very interested in this one as well. Older brother in serious trouble and so she ventures with his friend to find him. Lots of drama an heartbreak and hopefully eventually HEA and romance lol
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on reading this one too. Great pick! My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this, definitely adding it to my wishlist! I love the cover too, it's really clean and simple. :D

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'm curious about this one too. I also like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover: not really something that would caught my eyes. The synopsis: okay. The line: I'M SOLD. Haha. Sometimes I so superficial when it comes to books :p

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-13-adrienne-stoltz.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3