March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine where you share an upcoming release that you're anticipating on reading.

This week's WOW is..
Expected Publication Date: August 7, 2012

Goodreads Summary:
In this follow-up to Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas begins seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he’s asleep, and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong. These aren’t just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears. 

Cas doesn’t know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn’t deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it’s time for him to return the favor.


Why I'm waiting?

1. Ghost Aspect.
I am a sucker for anything remotely related to horror and/or scary things that make your skin crawl. I'm in for that exhilaration and thrill that keeps you on edge all the time. Anna Dressed in Blood did this for me and I just know Girl of Nightmares will do the same, if not better. Bring on the terrifying, creepy moments because I cannot wait any longer! 

2. End of Anna Dressed in Blood
So the ending of Anna made me scream, literally. I mean, how the heck can you leave us hanging like that! All I knew when I finished Anna was that I WANTED, NEEDED, HAD TO HAVE... MORE! I'm not saying the ending was cliffhangery (is that even a word? well, it is now!), but it's those types of endings where you're like "WHAAAT? THAS IT!? Where's the rest?!" And then you constantly turn the page back and forth hoping more will materialize! It's awesome. 

3. Anna
I need more of Anna, herself. It wasn't enough just to have some part of her! I wanted to get to know her more. I wanted to see more of the wonderful girl I know she really is behind the demons that haunt her. Anna is an amazing character and if I'm being completly honest, I kind of wish I was her (minus the ghost and blood part) because of reason 4..

4. Cas Lowood.
Yes. I went there! I. Love. This. Boy. I cannot deny my true feelings for Cas! I would totally follow him to the ends of the Earth even if he has to drag me on his ghost hunting trips just so I can be near him, next to him, around him, preferably glued to him. ;) I adore his snarky attitude, his confidence, his strength, his kick-assness, his witty comebacks and the brightness he brings to the dark parts in the book. Honestly, I just miss him so much. He makes me laugh and he makes me smile and he makes my skin shiver every time I go back and read a few of his lines. So you cannot blame me why I NEED Girl of Nightmares. I just want to be around Cas again :) <3

5. This Quote.
“She's my purpose and we're going to save each other. We're going to save everyone. And then I'm going to convince her that she's supposed to stay here. With me.” 
*sigh* That is all <3


Pre-order Girl of Nightmares:

What are you waiting on?
Leave me a link to your WoW!

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read Anna yet! After reading all your reasons why you can't wait for this book makes me want to read Anna soon! Hopefully I can get around to reading it sooner than later. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3