January 30, 2012

Monday Current Read #6

I'm currently reading two books this week:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I was actually 3 chapters into this, but I had to stop because of school and  OTBS (see below). I plan on reading more after I get through an exam and reading OTBS for review.

I already love DOSAB. I love Karou and I love how fierce she is. The book is very funny. It's quite embarrassing trying not to laugh when you are at school reading this. lol. It made me sad that I had to stop reading, but I'll be very very happy to pick this one up again. I think I'm going to reread the 3 chapters and relive the funny moments all over again! I know this is going to be a good one.


On the Bright Side by S.R. Johannes
I'm more than half way into this already and I absolutely love it. It's loads of fun and it really makes me smile. Gabby is so cute. I think a  lot of people will love this book, because I sure do.

 If you didn't see my IMM post yesterday, I got this ebook for review from Shelli<3  This book is one of the reasons I had to stop reading DOSAB. I was supposed to read this in Feb, but since it comes out on the 31st of this month, I really wanted to read and review it by then. Look for my review on the 31st with a teaser ok? :D

UPDATE: I finished this book very early Sunday Morning and absolutely adored it! Watch out for my review on the 31st with a Kindle or Nook ebook giveaway!


Recently finished:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

My reviews for both will be up in the next few weeks or so, I'm just putting in last minute touches.

What are you currently reading?

4 comments:

  1. DOSAB!! <3 I'm so happy you're reading that book, Jess! It actually WAS a surprisingly funny book, and it's definitely another one that are dangerous to read in public LOL! x) I've never heard of On the Bright Side before but it sounds absolutely ADORABLE -- hearing you love it so much is enough to make me want to read it! ;)

    I wish you AWESOME LUCK with your exams a million times over, Jess!! <3 I literally just finished mine today, and I know you're going to do awesome on yours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Mimi! I was reading this before class and I wanted to laugh out loud so many times. People were starting to stare at my weirdness! LOL! OTBS comes out tomorrow. It's such a cute book! I loved it and I rarely pick up MGs. You should definitely check it out. Shelli is awesome!

      Yay! You finished exams! That's so awesome! I bet you kicked butt! I just had one exam today, but a ton of homework to do. Now it's past me, I have time to read! Saw your messages on GR. Will reply soon <3 :] Great to have you back!

      Delete
  2. I LOOVVEEE Daughter of Smoke and Bone! It was so beautifully written and I love love it! I haven't heard of On the Bright SIde as well but I'm looking forward to your reviews! I'm currrently reading Partials by Dan Wells and it's good so far! Happy reading, Jessirae! :)

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I've heard such good things about Partials. I'm still debating whether I should pick it up or not. I'm not sure I'll like it. I'm loving DoSaB so far. It's so funny! OTBS is such an adorable book. Hope you decide to pick it up :]

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! You rock :] <3